There are a number of things that happen after a slip and fall accident in Georgia. Typically the person who falls hopes no one saw him go down to the ground, so he picks himself back up and tries to walk away like nothing ever happened. However, after he walks away he realizes he is injured and tries to determine if the fall was his fault or someone else’s.
In determining if the fall was your fault, ask yourself these questions:
- Were you running?
- Were you not looking where you were going?
- Did you trip over your own feet?
- Were you walking distracted?
- In deciphering if the fall was someone else’s fault, ask yourself these questions:
- Was there a broken stair?
- Did broken pavement or an uneven sidewalk contribute to the fall?
- Were handrails missing from the staircase?
- Was something spilled on the floor?
If you determine that your Canton slip and fall accident and injury could possibly be the fault of a negligent property owner, landlord, business owner, or city, you should talk with a caring and experienced Canton premises liability lawyer at Kalka & Baer for more information about slip and fall accidents.
If your fall accident was the fault of another party, you may be entitled to compensation for your fall injuries, medical bills, physical therapy, lost income, and more. Find out more about your rights by calling us and receiving a complimentary case consultation today.