What Not To Do Following a Car Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Atlanta, GA
car accident can occur at a moment's notice, leaving you in a state of shock with
many questions swirling around in your head. Is my car totaled? How much
is this going to cost me? What do I do now? Is it safe to get out of the
car? Is the other driver at fault or am I?
After the accident, you may know that you need to exchange contact information
with the other driver, but there are many things that you should NOT do,
including the following:
- Do not apologize to the other driver.
- Do not admit fault.
- Do not forget to find out if there were witnesses.
- Do not think it's OK to dismiss your injuries.
- Do not forget to seek medical care.
- Do not fail to remember the police officer's name and get a police report.
- Do not post pictures or comments on Facebook or any other social media site.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the insurance company.
- Do not sign any paperwork from anyone without having a lawyer review the
Dealing with Insurance Companies In the Aftermath of Your Accident
After an accident, insurance companies and adjusters will try to pressure
you into giving them a recorded statement or getting you to sign paperwork.
Do not do it. It is critical that you do not do anything that could hurt
your potential case. Insurance adjusters are known for trying to save
their companies money, even if it is at your expense. They know how to
settle your claim for as little money as possible.
This is why it is important to have a skilled
Atlanta personal injury lawyer review any documents and explain what things you do and do not want to
say that could help or harm your case.
Kalka & Baer, LLC can strive to get the maximum compensation possible for you and your family,
battling the insurance companies in order to maximize your financial recovery.
Call our Atlanta accident lawyers today to receive your