5 Ways to Protect Your Child
Preventing Bicycle Accidents in Atlanta, GA
Most parents teach their sons and daughters the skill of riding a bike. However, many parents fail to focus on the dangers that await their children if they are involved in unexpected bicycle accidents. Bike accidents in Atlanta and throughout the nation occur without warning, and children are often seriously injured. Although parents can never fully protect their children when riding a bike, they can equip and prepare them with bicycle safety tips on how to prevent bicycle crashes in Georgia from occurring. Here are five important bike safety tips:
- Never allow your children to ride at night: Children should not be allowed to ride at dusk or dark, because drivers will have a harder time seeing them. Riding at night increases the likelihood of an accident due to visibility issues.
- Always make sure your children wear bicycle helmets: Helmets have been proven to reduce head injuries from occurring in the event of an Atlanta bicycle accident.
- Make sure your children follow road rules: Teach your children about the rules that bicyclists should follow when on the road. For example, children need to stop at stop signs, ride to the farthest right on the road, and avoid taking unnecessary risks.
- Supervise your children: When children are riding bikes around your neighborhood, it is a good idea for you to be within eyesight so that you can warn them of any dangers.
- Tell your children to avoid potholes and moving vehicles: Inform your children to watch out for potholes in the road, as they can cause accidents and throw children off bikes. Also, children need to be warned to watch out for and move out of the way of vehicles, even in their own neighborhood.
When parents take these steps, they lessen the risk that their children will sustain bicycle accident injuries. Therefore, be sure to talk to your child about these bicycle safety tips in order to prevent a bicycle crash in Georgia. Even if you have discussed bicycle safety with your child, there is still the chance that a careless and negligent driver will smash into your child's bicycle.
If your child has been injured in an Atlanta bicycle accident, you need to talk with an experienced Atlanta bicycle accident attorney to find out your rights to recovery. Your child may be entitled to financial compensation for medical bills, physical therapy, and more. At Kalka & Baer LLC, we will aggressively pursue your claim to get you and your family the compensation that you deserve.