Truck Crashes Causing Devastating Injuries
Most of us have seen or experienced a situation in which a trucker's negligent, reckless driving has put the other vehicles on the road at risk. Every day in Georgia, truckers make bad decisions that cause serious, and many times fatal, injuries to other drivers. There are many different factors that come into play when examining a tractor trailer accident case, but negligence is the cause of an overwhelming number of Georgia truck crashes.
Negligent acts include the following:
- Aggressive driving
- Tailgating and speeding
- Cell phone use
- Driver fatigue
- Untrained and unqualified drivers
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain lights, tires and brakes
- Unbalanced or overloaded cargo
As the victim of a semi-truck accident, in which another party is found to be fully or partially liable, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries including:
- Past, Present and Future Medical Expenses - For injuries resulting from the accident.
- Life Care Expenses - If your injuries are serious and require lifelong care.
- Property Damage - For your vehicle and its contents.
- Pain and Suffering - For the physical and emotional pain you have endured, including post-traumatic stress syndrome.
- Loss of Enjoyment - Due to the inability to fully enjoy life due to the injuries.
- Loss of Wages - For the time you were unable to work due to your injuries.
- Impairment of Earning Capacity - If you are unable to return to work or are no longer able to perform the requirements of your position.
No matter what the cause of a Georgia tractor trailer crash, the outcome is almost certain to be catastrophic. The injuries sustained in an Atlanta truck crash are often life-altering. You need an attorney who will hold the truck driver and trucking company accountable for their negligence.