What To Do When A Tree Falls On Your House And Your Insurance Company Fights Your Claim

My first job out of law school was working for property and causality insurance companies. My job was to review the facts of a claim and then give the insurance company a "coverage opinion." In other words, could I find an exclusion in the homeowners' insurance policy that would serve as a basis to deny an otherwise valid claim.

If your Home Owners Company is unwilling to pay your claim or is only paying a portion of your claim. My first suggestion is to o file a formal complaint against an insurance company operating in Georgia, go to the insurance commissioner's Web site. The Insurance Department's Consumer Services Division is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and is available at 404-656-2070. Second, please contact Kalka & Baer, LLC for our coverage opinion and free consultation for your claim.
Categories: General