What do I do if I see an accident happen?
If you see an Atlanta traffic accident happen and are able to safely pull over you should do so to help those involved in the accident. If you cannot safely pull over, you should at least call 9-1-1 to report the traffic accident, the location and any details of the accident that you saw.
Some things to remember if you witness a motor vehicle accident-
- Pull your vehicle over to the side of the road keeping a safe distance between your vehicle and the accident.
- Call 9-1-1 as soon as possible, ready to provide as much information to the emergency authorities as you can.
- Help anyone involved in the accident. Try not to move an injured person unless they are in a burning car or some other imminent danger. Moving an injured person can often make the injury more severe.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene with a camera or camera phone.
- Stay until the police arrive to give a witness statement.
Kalka & Baer LLC is a personal injury law firm specializing in helping victims of Georgia auto, truck, motorcycle and bicycle accidents.