Can Bad Weather Be the Cause of an Accident?
Being in a truck accident can yield serious injuries due to the fact that it is the larger vehicle. Traffic accidents can be even worse when bad weather conditions are involved. A recent traffic accident was caused by extremely dense fog. Georgia State Patrol reported that a log truck was at the intersection of State Road 122 and State Road 133 when a minivan crashed into the truck, followed by another car that hit both the truck and the minivan.
Allstate lists some safe driving tips for traveling in the fog.
- Drive using your low-beam headlights.
- Slow down before you reach a patch of fog.
- Turn on your defroster and windshield wipers.
- Open your window and listen for traffic you can't see.
- Don't overdrive your vision. If you can't stop before the farthest point on the pavement you can see, you need to slow down.
Contact Kalka & Baer LLC if you have been in a truck accident involving inclement weather.